Instant gratification is rarely part of the leader development world. The process of learning and growing takes time and is ongoing.
Yet, teachable moments are everywhere:
The newly promoted department head.
The manager who takes on a larger role.
The leader wrestling with negative feedback.
As an HR professional, you can help turn these moments into learning opportunities through conversation and planning — but you can offer a little instant insight, too.
CCL provides a series of highly focused, action-oriented — and instantly downloadable — books for practicing managers. At your fingertips when you need them and suited for on-the-go reading, these books can encourage thinking and learning while interest (and need) is high.
Wondering where to start? Check out CCL’s top five digital best sellers:
- Talent Conversations. One of the simplest yet most effective ways to develop others is the talent conversation — a way of building on relationships that are based on rapport, collaboration and mutual commitment.
- Communicating Across Cultures. Become aware of cultural differences and learn how to adapt your communication style to enhance your managerial effectiveness.
- Developing Cultural Adaptability. The willingness and ability to recognize, understand and work effectively across cultural difference helps you build the relationships needed to achieve results in today’s global organizations.
- Developmental Assignments. A single source to help you add developmental assignments to your job and help others do the same. The tables inside this book are full of assignments. You’ll also find cross-references to CCL’s assessment tools: 360 by Design, Executive Dimensions, Benchmarks, Prospector, and Skillscope.
- How to Launch a Team. Learn how to address four critical points during the launch of a team: setting purpose and direction, defining roles and responsibilities, designing procedures and practices and building cooperation and relationships.
Want another simple way to add to your HR resources? Order a full set of CCL guidebooks — aimed at helping practicing managers meet everyday challenges and build leadership skills. A hard-copy “leader library” allows you to share ideas, tips and best practices. Hand a copy of “Giving Feedback at Work” to a new manager or “Active Listening” to a hard charger who needs to engage co-workers and listen to team members.
Don’t lose your teachable moment!